In a world first an Australian team of experts has designed a flip-flop (equilibras™) which looks as cool as the standard flip-flops, but includes an unseen inbuilt orthotic which helps support your feet, correct your posture and stimulate your brain properly. The invention transforms the humble flip-flop into revolutionary medical footwear (registered by the TGA as a Class 1 medical device) – but looks just like the old one, which was doing untold damage.
The 2nd generation equilibras™ are a neurorthotic thong and feature:
- New fitting smooth straps for better comfort and support
- Top surface of attractive honeycomb pattern for increased friction
- Soft upper layer of lightweight long-lasting polyurethane providing correct shock absorption and neural stimulation as well as a flat-sole look.
- Firmer bottom layer of lightweight long-lasting polyurethane with specific orthotic contour providing foot alignment and control
- Sturdy sole pattern for great traction and ground control
- Anti-fatigue properties (see industrial anti-fatigue matting)